Monday 26 May 2014

Radiator fan wont shut off

My car has an automatic transmission. The cooling fans are controlled. Stuck relay causing fan to run. Audi coolant fan keep draining the battery, video one out of two. Have you noticed that your radiator fans just run all the time and never shut off ?

If so, there may some issues with your car that you should take care of to prevent any further problems in the near or distant future.

Can literally drive for hours with the fan fully engaged.

Why will the radiator fan on my not turn off when vant is shut off. Early this week one day my wife picked up some things from town and parked the car in our driveway. I replaced the ECT (engine coolant temperature) sensor but to no avail.


Radiator fan will not turn of on cavalier.


If this is not the case, the relay switch to the fan motor is shorted out and is not turning off the fan. I have bypassed the relay on my Corvette. Cadllac SRX - My battery drains because the fan will not stop going after the car is off.


It takes about min and my car is battery is completely dead.


You may hear the fan running when you shut off the engine after driving. But the fan should shut off after several minutes as the engine cools down. The temperature sensor determines when the radiator fan comes on by reading the cooling system temperature.


The sensor is usually located in the car . The issue is that the radiator fan stays running after the car is turned off.


Recently, however, the fan just stays on . I am having the same issue with my radiator fan which does not turn off. However, I did keep the stock radiator fan and that is the one that will not turn off when the car is off. Once again the trusty test light saves the day and leads us to . Scotty Kilmer, mechanic for the last years and counting, shows how to repair the cooling fans in your car.


There are many reasons cooling fans stop workin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Popular Posts