Tuesday 10 June 2014

Side case fan intake or exhaust

Its right next next to my GPU and PSU. My PSU is mounted fan side up with my GPU right above it. I also have two 1mm side panel exhaust fans , one located at the bottom ( near the GPU ), and . The temps have dropped after using side panel fan.


Traditionally side case fans are intake fans, however my GTX 7exhausts the heat on the side of the card meaning it goes into my pc case.

You should also heed the placement of the fans.

Air should travel in clear path through the case.

Generally, you want the case fans in front of the case drawing . Using two in the front, one in back and one on side , front intake back exhaust. I would just put the one on the side . Side panel fans - Intake or Exhaust. As the cooler of the GPU blows air into the case, would it be better to have the 200mm fan blowing air out of the case?


The nature of hot air inside your case produced by different components installed is to rise up and it would be difficult for those hot air to exit on the side even though it was being suck by those side panel fans converted as an exhaust because before it goes . You can screw it into the case in either way. Currently both of these are set to intake and blow on my . Two fans on the front would be intake (cool air in), and the top, back and side . More about intake exhaust side panel. As far as case fans go, they should be set as front, bottom and side intake , rear and top exhaust.


Front fan intake , rear fan exhaust , top fan exhaust , and side fan intake. Corsair Carbide 400R case with Zmobo using onboard graphics, so no video card heat.


The case also has two Noctua PWM fans on the top panel for exhaust , and the stock rear Corsair 1mm fan moved down to the bottom panel . The Intake - exhaust direction should go front-to-back and bottom-to-top. Side -mounted fans can be intake or exhaust , . I can easily place the fan wherever on the top of the case (I.E. back, middle front etc). Logically, the fan would be set to exhaust because hot air rises but what would be the effect of using it as an intake instead.


I go exhaust or intake for top side fan?


One on top is also intake , the side panel on the upper section of the side panel is exhaust. My confusion is my PSU fan is intake or exhaust ? Seems like that would screw up cooling to the CPU at the top of the case though. CPU cooled using Cooler Master hyper 212x.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Popular Posts