Tuesday 5 May 2015

Why wont my blower motor shut off

I go over the low voltage signal wires that tell the furnace to turn the blower fan on, I go over each step from where you should start at to what is left at the end that would be the problem. I replaced the blower motor relay in the air handler unit and the problem was fixed! The current for the fan runs through this relay.


Blower motor stuck on, viewer request, tech troubleshooting ideas! REMEMBER: This video is intended for technicians and those going to school for hvac, leave.

Depending on the position of this switch (pushed-in or pulled out) the fan may be on manual override - causing the fan motor to run continuously.

Although your fan never shuts off , your heating and air conditioning still works fine.

A furnace that utilizes forced-hot air is made of the plenum, the furnace blower and the burner. I will not be insulted if you just pass by this answer. I write too many words and use too much detail in my writing, always have and always . Stuck blower relay or the module would be my guess. Fan blower motor running none stop for the past week.


The only way to stop it is pull out main fuse or unplug the blow fan wire. Well then this video is for you. This video talks about what to check if you find the blower motor runs when the key is turned off. This applies mostly to the coolant fan and interior blower motor for the AC.


I shot the video in response to my how to diagnose blower motor problems video. My furnace blower was not shutting off and was blowing cold air only. Count the number of blinks in the pattern, and compare it to the . This will cause the fan to automatically turn on when the furnace is heating and shut off once the call for heat stops. If someone turned it up to the max.


If your system turns on but the fan never does, . I have been trying to track the problem down for the . Meaning, the blower motor is running, but the only flame burning is the pilot light. I have to either unplug the blower motor from under the glove compartment or take out the fuse to get the motor to stop running even if my car is running or doesnt have the .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Popular Posts